- DO NOT RINSE MOUTH TODAY - Tomorrow gently rinse after each meal with water or Listerine. If swollen use ¼ teaspoon of salt mixed with a glass of warm water.
- BLEEDING - Following extractions some bleeding is to be expected. If persistent fold and place gauze over the bleeding area. Bite down firmly for ½ hour. Repeat if necessary. Contact the office if bleeding persists.
- SWELLING - Some swelling may be noticed. Do not be alarmed this is a normal reaction. Apply ice in a bag or wrapped in a towel. Place over the swollen area 15 minutes on then 15 minutes off. Repeat until swelling is relieved.
- PAIN - For mild to moderate pain use over the counter pain medications or the medication prescribed. If pain persists, contact the office.
- FOOD - A light diet of soft food is desirable for 24 hours. Avoid very hot, cold, or spicy foods. Rinse vigorously if particles of food become lodged in the extraction site. Avoid actions such as smoking or using a straw. This may disrupt or dislodge the blood clot.
- BONY EDGES - Small sharp bone fragments may work up through the gums during healing. If annoying or painful, please contact the office to schedule a follow-up appointment. They are easily moved.
CONTACT THE OFFICE IF PAIN PERSISTS MORE THAN 24 HOURS, SWELLING OCCURS, BLEEDING CONTINUES AFTER APPLYING PRESSURE, OR YOU HAVE ANY UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS
LEAVE A VOICE MAIL MESSAGE